Friday 27 February 2015

Bright Love and Hearts

Hi everyone, here I've made a card to fit in with the challenges I'm entering it in to. I also made is as a card for my mum to show my love at Valentine's using bright colours that mum likes.

To make my card I've used the sketch from Unity challenge, turned 90 degrees. Used Unity Stamps KOM from September.
Coloured my focal images with Pro Markers. The hearts are from the middle of the bubble word stamp.
I had a try with the bokeh effect that is popping up blog wide. I've used distress inks, then splashed and sprayed water and left to dry. Then I've used Imagination Crafts Circles stencil with white pigment ink to make the bokeh effect. This stencil is perfect for recreating this look and saves punching or cutting circles to make a stencil.
The main background is more distress inks, stamped and splattered with paint and decorated with gems.
Thanks for looking and happy crafting

Challenges entering






24 comments:

  1. Oh my, that Bokeh background is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous,love the background.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I am really impressed with all of the different colors and patterns you used, and how they came together perfectly! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and with such rich colors. Lovely project. Thanks for sharing how you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the balloons.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! One of the best bokeh backgrounds I have seen!! Very pretty card.
    Saw you on Unity FWF.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my - this is just gorgeous! I love the bright, vibrant colors. Your background is amazing and you colored this sweet image beautifully. I love everything about this wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful bokeh Dawn - love this - thanks for joining us at Imagination crafts this month and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS! I love your Bokeh background and the layout and colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jaw-droppingly GORGEOUS!! Your coloring is impeccable and the bokeh effect is amazing! All I can say is...WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is SO beautiful! Wonderful work on the background...so inspired to try that technique now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. GORGEOUS card!!! That color combination is amazing and your bokeh technique worked wonderfully! I have been wanting to try that soon and just moved it up the line after seeing this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yowza!!! That is a beautiful card! Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  14. arnt i a lucky mum dawn gave this to me just to say i love you and now.i can look at it whenever i want cheering up and it works everytime thankyou so much my clever dawn xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bokeh beautiful!!! This is just fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous. Love the colours, the split panels, the bokeh effect. Fantastic card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful, I love your background, and the stamped image is fab. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Stampotique. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello! Thank you so much for entering this gorgeous card into the Lisa B Designs challenge. I love the colours & the bokeh background looks great.

    ReplyDelete