Saturday 22 June 2013

U for Urban

Afternoon, here is my second entry for The Craft Barn Alpha Challenge. U for Urban. I have also made it to fit in with the challenges listed below. I started by choosing three paint colours I haven't put together before or used much (Eco Green Crafts - Pomegranate, Mushroom, Mulch and Studio Tan) and made a painty background. Some stamping with number minis from PaperArtsy and Tando Andy Skinner Treads stencil.
I made lots of houses using The Artistic Stamper house stamp sets, then paper pieced them and arranged on my pages. Added some peel off numbers coloured with gold alcohol ink to the doors.
Stamped the Stampotique children stamp by Janet Klein onto book page, cut out into individuals and popped onto my pages as they're playing out.
Next my Hot Air Balloon embellishment.I'd gotten some metal tape and had a play. Using a small balloon from the Tando Creative Hot Air  Balloons grab bag, I stuck a chipboard number 7 then covered it in layers of torn metal tape, burnishing them well using plastic paper shapers. I did experiment with paint and ink, but didn't like it so took it off and just used alcohol inks in mushroom and bronze. Glued to my page and again job done. I really enjoyed playing putting this together, paper, stamps paint, chipboard and stencils, my favourite things.
I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:
The Craft Barn Alpha Challenge U
Stampotique Designers challenge #104 - faux metal
Tando Creative challenges -June -  numbers

Can on comments let me know if the pictures look really light please??

15 comments:

  1. This is so interesting and I will use the word delightful. I love architecture. Your picture looks fine to me!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. your picture looks fab to me Dawn - just the right amount of light! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page very well laid out - a delight for the eye to wander over.Well done.The pictures look fine, maybe you have your monitor brightness setting too high on your screen - that's about the depth of my computer knowledge.lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning pages! Love the whole idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great word Urban and you have a great page love the texture and balloon

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo this is a gorgeous page Dawn!!!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice pages... Thank you for sharing your creations for this weeks Stampotique Designer's Challenge. xx Sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliantly done! Love that hot air balloon over your city scape! Well photographed from here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all your lovely comments, it made top 3 at stampotique designer challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cool page! I love all the little houses and your stencil work! Thanks for joining the Tando Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pictures are perfect, I love the houses and the hot air balloon...beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Back from holiday and catching up with commenting, this is a fabulous houses, great page, love it.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow!! great work!!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful ! I liked the way you have combined craft barn challenge and stampotique challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely Dawn, thanks so much for joining in with us at Stampotique this week :)

    ReplyDelete