Saturday 22 June 2013

Alpha challenge U

Afternoon all, well this page is fitting for today as it is pouring down with rain here and the sky looks like its still full of lots more rain. My first entry for The Craft Barn Alpha Challenge U is Umbrella. I started by covering my pages with gesso using a palette knife thickly and a few layers to get a build up of texture. Then I got out various blue mica sprays and sprayed loads of layers drying inbetween each and flicking some from the bottle. I ended up with a gorgeous shimmering, bumpy background. I used Andy Skinner Tando mask and black gesso for the umbrellas. To get the highlights on them I scratched back to the page surface with craft knife. Some raindrops handcut and page borders stamped from book pages and journalling around the edges. Job done. Thanks for looking.
Happy Crafting
Luv Dawn

6 comments:

  1. Beautifully done - I see not raindrops are going to fall on your head - love the shimmer!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous again - love them xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely background, all that colour and texture.Cool idea to cut out the rain drops.Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page and love the rain drops....hope they stay away from here lol

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back from holiday and catching up with commenting, this is another fabulous page, love the background and the umbrellas.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always love all your interpretations!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete