Friday 22 January 2016

The Craft Barn Alpha/Dictionary Challenge

Hello hello, I'm here to share the latest challenge news at The Craft Barn Blog.

We still have the weekly challenges and the new yearly challenge has been launched. It is Alpha / Dictionary Challenge. This was done back in 2013 where I participated as an entrant each fortnight. I thoroughly enjoyed it and used it to try lots of different techniques. My end result of a filled dictionary is still out and myself and the children enjoy looking through it. So do come and join in.
Apologies for my late blogging this.
 
The first letter is B and the next letter will be announced on Sunday. There will be some added twists along the way.
I've chosen Butterfly for my letter B. I'm doing a straight altered dictionary. To prepare my pages I stick multiple pages together using a glue stick and take out spare pages. I then mask my word and either use gesso or gel medium as a base.
This is the best way (after taking part in 2013) I found to make a sturdy surface and allowing room for some texture and dimension without the book bursting at the binding.  I have used Tim Holtz stamps and my new Inktense Pencils and some white paint dabbed around the sky. These pencils are brilliant to use, vibrant and versatile. The Craft Barn is great for crafty supplies and their SALE is on.
 
There are different ways to create and make for the challenge as an alternative to an altered dictionary so do check out the blog. See you there.

I am entering this into the CRAFT STAMPER BLOG TAKE IT MAKE IT CHALLENGE for January
Happy Crafting
Luv Dawn
 

2 comments:

  1. Marvellous spread, such a gorgeous design. Thank you for playing with us at the CraftStamper magazine challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous journal pages ...Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ..... Linda xx

    ReplyDelete