Thursday 4 February 2016

The Craft Barn Triplets week

Hello and how's things going? Has it been a good start to the new year or is it work in progress. It's the latter for me. It reminds me of a song from the 90's by D Ream, Things Can Only get Better. Love that song. Anyhow onto business.

We had the topic of Triplets on The Craft Barn Blog . I decided to make a set of three ATC's. It's been ages since I made any. What I also played with was Liquid Pearls. I used them with a brayer to build up layers to make a background with a lovely pearly sheen. You can find the full step by step HERE.
I used Lin Brown's stamps on the background and used her little cool owl for my main image and coloured with Copic Pens. 

I'd love to know what you think of the background and what else you can brayer with, other than paint and ink?


Happy Crafting
Luv Dawn 

I'm entering this into the following challenges
That's Crafty Challenge Blog, ATC's
Countryview Challenges, February make your own background
Uniko Studio Challenge #28, anything goes
Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog, #71 anything goes

9 comments:

  1. Great cards with cute grumpy owls! Lovely backgrounds! Thanks for playing along with us in the “Make your own background" challenge at Country View Challenge blog this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, thanks for sharing with Inspiration Destination. Wendy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great background. Love all the elements & your owl is so funny! Lindsey Uniko DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I utterly adore these awesome cards! How very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun, adorable and cute owls. Great to see you play along at Uniko with them. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore owls and this trio is just fab! Thanks so much for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge at Uniko this month! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous trio and your BG is awesome, just wish I had the patience these days to play with inks to create BGs!! Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those owls on your lovely backgrounds. I have a soft spot for owls.

    ReplyDelete