Monday 4 January 2016

Birds for The Craft Barn

Happy New Year to you all. I do so hope 2016 brings you all you want it to. I know I'm looking forward. Have you any goals this year? I'm going to practise my drawing skills, I don't have many so it'll be a challenge, that's for sure.

So we have had a topic of Birds on The Craft Barn Blog.

My first post of the year is bright and cheerful. Using PaperArtsy Lin Brown stamps I've created a family of Birds, to depict my little family. I'll be sending this card to family we don't see often to say thank you from us to them. They are so kind remembering the children at every birthday and Christmas. And I thought it's a good way to express thanks with a handmade card.

I've used a mixture of acrylic paints, stamps, inks, my brand new Inktense Pencils, coffee stirrers and ribbon.

So do hop over to the blog. The full rundown of how I made it is there at The Craft Barn Blog . I sincerely enjoyed making this fun card and will definitely be using paints this way again as this was new to me.


I'm entering this into the following challenges




7 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn! Your card is fabulous. So many awesome colors, a great image, and creativity that has NO end. I would be honored to have you stop by and play along with us in these fun challenges:
    Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    CropStop - Anything Goes
    www.cropstop.com/blog

    I hope that you will join us. It's always fun to make new blog friends, and I LOVE your art. Please stop by to join us, and have a blessed week.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, this is a wonderfully colourful and cheerful creation. Thank you for sharing this with s at Creative Inspirations.
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely image, and fabulous bright colours...a gorgeous card just what we need to brighten a dull January day! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderfully bright and cheerful card Dawn, I love it. I really like the idea of depicting your family with the birds. Many thanks for the great tutorial of how you've made the background; which is absolutely perfect for your vibrant little birds to rest on. Thank you for joining us at at Fashionable Stamping Challenges. Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'What's New' challenge week. The new challenge starts tomorrow, hope you join in again x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this colourful background with lots of interest, perfect for the little bird family.
    Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete